Retreat Agreement and Terms & Conditions
Casa Galactica provides clear rules and guidelines for our guests..The following Terms and Conditions have been designed as a result of our practical experience, and they serve to prepare our guests for a positive and safe experience in ceremony and in our retreat as a whole.
The ayahuasca used at Casa Galactica is an Amazonian decoction of the wood of the vine Banisteriopsis caapi (Ayahuasca) and the leaves of the shrub Psychotria viridis (Chacruna). We do not use any other plants in our ayahuasca. The Curanderos and Assistant Healers administering the ayahuasca will use their discretion to adjust the dose for each participant.
The effects of ayahuasca may include temporary changes in your perception of reality and way of thinking, visions (of abstract motifs or clearly identifiable images and scenarios), heightened negative and positive emotions, access to detailed memories that you had forgotten, paranormal phenomena, the emergence of fears or difficult emotions (some of which may be associated with blockages in the body causing pain and tension), introspection, and perinatal or transpersonal experiences (in which you may experience your own death and rebirth).
On a physical level, you may experience nausea, vomiting, chills, tingling, ringing in the ears, dizziness, diarrhea, tremors, sweating, ataxia, and, in rare cases, fainting. Sometimes, especially if you have not drunk ayahuasca before, you may not notice any visionary effects. If that happens, it does not mean the ayahuasca is not having an effect on other levels.
The ayahuasca experience is not linear, but rather it passes through different phases, some more pleasant, even euphoric, and others more difficult. Ayahuasca works to integrate unresolved aspects from the past that have arisen typically from trauma, emotional loss, neglect, abuse, and general emotional and psychological difficulties. During and after ceremonies it is not uncommon to experience emotional, psychological, and physical discomforts, which are typically symptoms of the healing process as ayahuasca helps you to integrate issues from the past that have been trapped in your system.
The curanderos and assistant healers are committed to protecting your physical and emotional security, integrity, and privacy throughout the process, and intend to provide you with the psychological and physical support you need during the preparation phase, the ceremonies themselves, and the period afterwards. We have an emergency protocol and commit to provide any necessary support should the need arise.
Your participation in the ceremonies is entirely voluntary and you are free to opt out, if you wish, before the start of the ceremony. You are also not obligated to drink all of the ayahuasca brew that is served. It is drunk at your own discretion. However, you must follow the instructions ofthe curanderos and assistant healers at all times so that your safety is not jeopardized.
The curanderos and assistant healers may, at any time, decide to exclude you from participation in a ceremony for any perceived impairment in your physical or psychological health that risks leading to problems for you during the ceremony, or if you do not meet the requirements for participation for any other reason.
Working with ayahuasca is not a substitute for medical, psychiatric, or psychotherapeutic treatment, but may complement a therapeutic process and facilitate personal development. If you are currently receiving treatment of any kind or taking any medication, you must provide the full details of your situation prior to booking a retreat.
If you agree to participate in a retreat at Casa Galactica, you will be required to complete a medical form and questionnaire upon booking. You must answer all questions honestly and to disclose any relevant personal information about your health. Please do not book your flights until you have been accepted following a review of your questionnaire. Casa Galactica will not be held responsible for any losses on flights booked before this time.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you also agree to the following Declaration, wherein “I” refers to “You”, the participant in the retreat.
By booking a retreat you legally agree to the outlined Declaration and Terms and Conditions.
❖ I am aware that participation in a retreat and ceremonies at Casa Galactica involves the use of ayahuasca and various Amazonian medicinal plants, which are traditionally used in the Amazon rainforest for shamanic healing.
❖ I understand that taking these plants may involve emotional, psychological, and physical reactions, and I agree to take part and abide by the Terms and Conditions in this document and any other instructions given orally or in writing.
❖ I declare that I am choosing to participate of my own free will and have not been coerced into participating in a retreat by the organizers or by any other person.The decision to participate is mine alone, and is based on my own personal assessment of the effects, the exclusion criteria, the potential risks and benefits, the focus of the ceremonies, and the team at the Casa Galactica.
❖ Casa Galactica have explained to me what to expect from the Retreat and how it is intended to proceed. I am aware that I can ask questions about the ceremonies at any time and can change my mind about attending at any time before the ceremonies begin.
❖ I agree to answer all questions honestly during the screening process, and understand that I must complete all medical questionnaires and respond to all follow up questions in order to participate in a retreat I agree to provide all relevant information regarding my medical history, mental and physical health, and any other information that may serve to protect my health during this process.
❖ I have made the confidential disclosures requested by the Organizer and these are honest and accurate regarding my needs and condition(s). I understand that these will be kept in the strictest confidence. I reiterate my understanding of this by signing this form.
❖ I accept full responsibility for participating in a retreat and in ceremonies at Casa Galactica
❖ I understand and agree that I can be excluded from participation in a retreat or ceremony at the discretion of the curanderos, assistant healers or founders of Casa Galactica
Terms and Conditions
This agreement is between Casa Galactica S.A.C. (the Organizer) and You (the Participant).
By booking a Retreat at Casa Galactica you agree to all of the following items listed:
1. The Participant agrees to take part in ayahuasca and medicinal plant ceremonies with the Organizer, has been advised that ayahuasca is a visionary plant, and is clear on the meaning of this.
2. The Organizer will do their utmost to ensure the safety and comfort of the Participant within the remit of the retreat. The Participant, in turn, agrees to exercise caution and consideration for themselves and for others during this event, and indemnifies the Organizer against claims for injury or loss.
3. The Participant agrees to respect all individuals at all times. Overt negativity or disruptive negativity detracts from the experience of the others.
4. The Organizer reserves the right to expel any individual who is acting in an excessively negative manner or disrupting the group, staff, and/or curanderos without prior notice, responsibility for a refund, or providing accommodation outside of the retreat center.
5. If a Participant’s behavior presents a threat to the safety of themselves or others, the Organizer reserves the right to physically restrain the Participant and/or expel them from the retreat without prior notice, responsibility for a refund, or providing accommodation outside of Chamisal Retreat Center. Restraint will be conducted as gently as possible and with respect for the dignity of the Participant.
6. Sexual activity between Participants and/or staff is strictly prohibited. This includes married
couples and masturbation. The Organizer has a strict code of conduct that prohibits romantic /sexual relationships between Participants and the Organizers staff. Casa Galactica staff are strictly prohibited to engage in sexual intimacies/romantic relations with former clients/participants for a minimum of 6 months from cessation or termination a given retreat The Participant agrees to maintain sexual abstinence for one week before the first and two weeks after the last ceremony.
7. The Participant, prior to entry into this Agreement, agrees to obtain health or medical advice as to the effect of plants singly and in combination with any medication they are taking.
8. The Participant agrees that they are in a physical and mental condition appropriate to the activities described in this retreat and agrees to participate at their own risk. The responsibility for taking accurate and timely health precautions and professional medical advice is with the Participant.
9. The Participant agrees to full disclosure with Organizer, in writing, regarding their health history, medical conditions, any medications they are taking, prior to booking. The Participant understands the pharmacological risks with taking medication combined with plant medicine, the dangers of any pre-existing health conditions and assumes full responsibility.
10.The Participant agrees to notify the Organizer of any change in their medical circumstances and understands that withholding medical information could be dangerous to their health.
11.The Organizer is not responsible for the personal decision of any guest to stop taking medication or change their medication schedule, and accepts no liability for any adverse effects from withdrawal from any medication.
12.The Participant confirms that they have not been diagnosed with any psychotic disorder, including schizophrenia, schizophreniform, schizoaffective, delusional, or bi-polar disorder.
13.The Participant understands and agrees to adhere strictly to the required diet, drug, and pharmacological restrictions required by Casa Galactica for at least two weeks prior to the first ceremony and for at least two weeks following the last ceremony.
14.If the Participant does not adhere to these Terms and Conditions as well as all restrictions required by Casa Galactica, the Organizer will not be held liable for the consequences (which can be severe psychological and energetic damage), and reserves the right to expel the Participant without prior notice, responsibility for a refund, or providing accommodation outside of Chamisal Retreat Center
15.If the Participant is found to possess prescription drugs that have not been approved by the Organizer prior to their arrival, street drugs, or alcohol, the Organizer reserves the right to deny them entry to the retreat center and/or the retreat or expel them from the retreat without prior notice, responsibility for a refund, or providing accommodation outside of Chamisal Retreat Center
16.The Organizer may require the Participant to take a drug or breathalyzer test prior to or during a retreat, without prior notice or reason. If the Participant refuses to comply with the test, the Organizer reserves the right to deny them entry to Chamisal Retreat Center and/or the retreat and/or expel them from the retreat immediately and without prior notice, responsibility for a refund, or providing accommodation outside of the retreat center
17.The Organizer is not liable for the injury of any Participant that may occur during or after the retreat. By participating in a retreat at Casa Galactica and accepting this Agreement, the Participant expresses full understanding of and responsibility for the risks that they may encounter during a retreat. The Participant absolves Casa Galactica S.A.C, its owners, and employees of said responsibility. Any legal action taken against the Casa Galactica will only take place in Peru under Peruvian Law.
18.In the case of a medical emergency during a retreat, the Participant will be accompanied by a Casa Galactica representative to a medical facility in Iquitos for treatment.
19.The Organizer reserves the right to expel any guest without prior notice, responsibility for a refund, or providing accommodation outside of the retreat center
20.The Organizer requires 50% deposit upfront to reserve the Participants place on our retreats. The remainder of the payment is due a minimum of 8 weeks before the start of the retreat. The Participant also pay the full amount on booking if preferred.
21.Acceptance to a retreat is subject to a full health & wellness screening process for your safety, and that of other participants. Should for any reason you not be accepted for health & safety reasons, you will receive a full refund within a maximum of 14 days. Please do not book your flights until you have been accepted following a review of your health & wellness questionnaire that is filled out upon booking. Casa Galactica will not be held liable for any losses on flights.
22.Should the participant wish to cancel a retreat, the Organizer will only give a full refund only if the Organizer is able to refill the workshop space with another participant. The Organizer will do their best to do so. The refund will be made within a maximum of 28 days. For this refund there is a processing fee of 10%
23. COVID-19 or other international pandemic clause: If you are unable to fly into or enter Peru due to international travel border closing within your home country or border closing of Peru, you will be able to move your retreat or dieta to another date free of charge. To qualify for this clause you must notify the Organizer within 2 weeks of the retreat start date and evidence of a government issued travel restriction must be supplied. This clause only applies to the closing of the borders of Peru and your country of origin. Personal illness is not covered by this clause and should be covered by personal medical, travel / cancellation insurance at the Participants expense. The organiser is indemnified from losses on flights and/or other expenses related to the cancellation of this trip. If the retreat is not able to go ahead due to cancellations related to factors highlighted in this clause, the Organizer reserves the right to rearrange the retreat to another date and the participant will be rescheduled free of charge to the new retreat date. The Organizer will ensure to the best of their ability that the new retreat date is viable for all participants.
24.In all other cases, deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. The following sliding scale of refunds are applicable to payments that have been made in full by the Participant.
Cancellation Period for Ayahuasca Plant Spirit Healing Retreats (weeks before retreat start date)
6 weeks + before retreat start date - $1000 Refund
4 - 6 weeks before retreat start date - $500 Refund
2 - 4 weeks before retreat start date - $250 Refund
0 - 2 before retreat start date - $0 Refund
Cancellation Period for Noya Rao Initiation Dietas (weeks before retreat start date)
6 weeks + before retreat start date - $1500 Refund
4 - 6 weeks before retreat start date - $1000 Refund
2 - 4 weeks before retreat start date - $500 Refund
0 - 2 before retreat start date - $0 Refund
The refund will be made within a maximum of 28 days.
The Organizer advises in obtaining the relevant, sufficient and comprehensive travel & cancellation insurance to cover all eventualities that may occur.
25.The Participant may change their retreat reservation to another date at no additional cost only if the Organzier is able to refill their retreat space with another participant. The organizer will do their best to do so.
26.Should a Participant decide to leave a retreat prematurely, the Organizer is not responsible for the reimbursement of monies or for denouncements by the attendee.
27.The Organizer complies with the following non-discrimination act. Casa Galactica agrees to treat and welcome all participants of any race, age, religion, gender, disability, sexuality or any other method of identification equally.
28.The Participant acknowledges that the Organizer complies to strict non-discrimination rules. . The Participant agrees to non-discrimination and to treat all participants, workers and staff of of any race, age, religion, gender, disability, sexuality or any other method of identification, equally. Failure to adhere to these rules could mean that the Participant is ejected from a given retreat without refund.
29.The healers at the Casa Galactica function as spiritual guides and teachers. We offer ceremony for the purpose of spiritual communion. In order to operate workshops at Casa Galactica in accordance with Peruvian Law, we require that you also understand and agree to the following:
30. Assistant Healers at Casa Galactica may vary from program to program.
Peruvian Law concerning the illegal practice of Medicine: Ley N° 28538
(Spanish) Art. 290: Será reprimido con pena privativa de libertad no menor de un año ni mayor de cuatro años, el que simulando calidad de médico u otra profesión de las ciencias médicas, que sin tener título profesional, realiza cualquiera de las acciones siguientes:
1. Anuncia, emite diagnósticos, prescribe, administra o aplica cualquier medio supuestamente destinado al cuidado de la salud, aunque obre de modo gratuito.
2. Expide dictámenes o informes destinados a sustentar el diagnóstico, laprescripción o la administración a que se refiere el inciso
(English) Art. 290: Any person simulating a doctor or health care professional without a professional title will be punished with incarceration no less than one year and no more than four years for realizing any of the following actions:
1. Advice, diagnosis, prescription, or administering or applying any means destined as health care, even if it is offered without charge.
2. Offering tests or information designed to support the diagnosis, prescription, or administration in reference to number 1.
Casa Galactica is not a medical facility and no health care is practiced under its direction. Its owners and employees are not health care professionals and do not practice health care of any form. We do not offer:
1. Advice, diagnosis, prescription, or administer or apply any means destined as health care, even if it is offered without charge.
2. Tests or information designed to support a diagnosis, prescription, or administration in reference to number 1.
29. The Organizer reserve the right to change, re-route, postpone or cancel a retreat based on weather and client conditions, for the purpose of ensuring the safety of the client, group, guide, staff and for any other reason or reasons. It is there for recommended to obtain the relevant, sufficient and comprehensive travel insurance to cover all eventualities that may occur.
Unless there is a specific complaint for leaving a retreat or program early that management deems legitimate, refunds are not given to anyone deciding to leave a retreat or program early for their own personal reasons
30.The Participant acknowledges that in booking a retreat that this constitutes as legally accepting these terms and conditions.
I acknowledge that I have voluntarily chosen to participate in the retreat referenced above. In so doing, I acknowledge that I may be subjecting myself to dangers and hazards that could result in illness, injury or death. I also acknowledge that there are inherent risks and dangers that may arise at any time during the trip and retreat. In addition, I am specifically familiar with and accept the risks of the dangers and hazards referred to in the trip and retreat information on this website. I am aware that certain medical services or facilities might not be available while I am participating in the retreat.
In consideration of my being permitted to participate in the retreat, I agree to assume all risks of illness, injury or death and agree not to sue and to release from liability and indemnify CASA GALACTICA S.A.C., their owners, agents, employees, curanderos/shamans, contractors, and other persons or entities involved with this retreat, from all actions, claims or demands for injury, loss or damage, regardless of the cause, resulting from my participation in the retreat and / or change, cancellation, postponing or re-routing of any retreat program.
I understand that CASA GALACTICA S.A.C. may contract with independent contractors to provide services on this retreat program, including transportation, travel services and guide services. I understand and acknowledge that CASA GALACTICA S.A.C. has no control over and assumes no responsibility for the actions of any independent contractors involved in providing any services on this retreat .
I agree that Iquitos, Peru will be the forum for resolution of any dispute related to my participation in this retreat. The terms of this agreement shall serve as a release and assumption of risk binding on my heirs, executor, administrator and all members of my family, including any minors accompanying me. I have familiarized myself with all information provided to me about this retreat program, and I agree to all stated conditions set forth in the Reservation & Payment Information, specifically including any information outlining my responsibilities and obligations as a retreat member.
I grant CASA GALACTICA S.A.C. the absolute right to copyright, reuse, publish and republish by any medium, including in print, electronically, or by any other means, any photos or likenesses of me or in which I may be included, that may be taken while participating in the retreat. Video and audio recordings are not to be reproduced by any retreat participant and are solely for the purpose of your continued education. The course materials are not to be distributed online or by any other means. I agree to pay for the cost of any evacuation or medical care.
I have carefully read this agreement and have been provided with adequate time and opportunity to discuss and review the same with duly qualified counsel. I understand that it is a release of liability and a contract between me and CASA GALACTICA S.A.C. and/or its contracted tour operators or affiliated organizations, and I sign this agreement of my own free will. If any part of this agreement is deemed unenforceable, all other parts shall be given full force and effect.